The Pesto mix makes about ½ cup which is enough for this recipe and a little left over. Save the remainder in the fridge as a spread for your crackers or the Toasted Almond Rolls.
- 1 ½ cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup of pine nuts
- Juice of one lemon
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil
- Rock salt to season
- Ground black pepper to season
- 300gms chicken breast
- Preheat oven to 190 C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a food processor, add the basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice and olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to season.
- Butterfly the chicken breast and pound with a mallet to flatten.
- Add 1 ½ Tbsp. of the pesto to each breast and spread evenly.
- Fold the top of the chicken over and secure with a toothpick.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until the juice of the chicken runs clear.